JOIN OUR CLINICAL TEAM!
The Clinical Therapist/Counselor will work closely with the medical team and other staff to provide direct services and support to clients. The Clinical Therapist/Counselor will assist with facilitating groups, facilitating individual therapy sessions, communicating with the medical team about issues related to each client, and complete necessary documentation required for authorization and continued care. As an important source of role modeling appropriate boundaries, communication, and responsibility, the Clinical Therapist/Counselor will be accountable for reinforcing program structure by demonstrating professional behavior and having regular positive interactions that align with North Georgia Recovery Center’s ethical standards. This position reports to the Clinical Director.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Educate clients on the disease of addiction and living a life of recovery.
- Assist in creating a safe environment for clients.
- Complete all necessary documentation in the EMR.
- Complete authorization reviews for insurance purposes when due.
- Coordinate aftercare plans with discharge coordinator.
- Ensure clients attend scheduled groups and activities.
- Maintain client and program records in accordance with the facility's policies and procedures and applicable state regulations.
- Maintain a high level of ethical conduct and behavior with clients.
- Adhere strictly to confidentiality requirements (HIPAA).
- Maintain communication with the medical and clinical team about dynamics, behavior, events, and other required-to-report issues.
- Assist in emergency situations when directed.
- Engage in weekly treatment team meetings.
- Participate in weekly supervision.
- Responsible for acquiring new knowledge of treatment modalities/interventions/skills.
Submit your application today by completing the form below and attaching your resume. Your future career starts here.